Sunday, June 22, 2008

I have an OFFICE!!!

Well to update you all on my job...I love it! I have been working for IHC just over a week now and am really liking it. On my first day I was given an office...YES, I know that's what I thought too! I have an office with a key and nameplate and everything. The best part about it is that I have an amazing view of the capital and corner of temple square all from my window on the 21 floor. I was so excited and amazed they were giving me the office. I'm expecting to get kicked out any day now...I was actually expecting some corner cubicle or something, so I will just enjoy it while it lasts, its so beautiful! My first day was great, it was a lot of information to take in, lots of people to meet, and 8 elevators going to different floors to get lost in, but overall I left excited. I even got to go online to choose what artwok I wanted to order for my bare office walls!! They took me to lunch on my first day and I was able to get to know the people I will be working with better. I feel like they really trust my work and just let me do my thing. I like that! This week I have been writing welcome messages for all their many clinics and posting them online. Here is the link for one I wrote this week. Its the message below "Welcome to South Sandy Clinic". http://intermountainclinics.org/southsandy/home.html I feel like I am learning a lot about writing for the internet, like what words to use to make your site come up more frequently in searches. The only downside to this job is the drive. Because its downtown it does take some time to get there in rush hour traffic. Good thing I drive an economy car! Other than the drive things are going great!! I will have to take a picture of my office with the view so you'll all believe me! For now you'll have to take my word for it...and check out the link!

6 comments:

ammunk said...

um...hello! You neglected to tell me about this amazing office with soon to be artwork! How cool is that?!! And p.s. way to go on the well written piece! How exciting!

Janaca said...

Good job Amber! That is so exciting and I'm glad it's going well for ya. I want to see pictures of your view so don't forget to take and post them for me!

Holly said...

Way to go...I can't believe you have your own office?!? Congrats and post a pic of your view!

Jacque said...

So cool Amber! An office?! Lucky gal. I had an office once, but it wasn't with art work...
I had naked mannequins everywhere waiting to be dressed. Wasn't too much fun. I was the executive assistant to the Owner of Undertease. You know...the company that had the practically naked girl on the billboard right at the point of the mountain?
Not my idea. haha..anyway.
Congrats! That is so exciting for you! Way to go girl!
And I doubt they are going to kick you out! haha. You got to pick your own artwork for pete's sake!

JessicaRindy said...

So I found a typo in your piece...
Just kidding! I think that would be my worst nightmare! That is really exciting about the office- what kind of artwork did you pick out? Not that you can get too crazy with corporate catalogs. So I'm officially done with school as of next Wednesday! It'll be exciting to have the diploma, and not have to go through the ceremony again :) Your site needs more updates!!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you and your office! ha ha I would be the same way. And I'm glad you're liking your job so much! That's great!